type='text/javascript'/> Keeping The Faith: Smiles

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Smiles

After nearly 3 months of night-time feedings, it's no surprise that I'm a little sleep deprived. Yesterday I was having trouble even keeping my eyes open for the majority of the day. However, last night I dragged my exhausted self out of bed in response to Landon's 1:45am cries. I entered his room, unwrapped him from his swaddler, and sat down in the glider to nurse him. He looked up at me with this HUGE grin, like we shared some sort of secret ... and my heart literally melted. As he nursed, I held him close and marveled at his sweetness, reminding myself not to wish these nights away. Before too long, he'll be a big boy like the one in the next room.

Speaking of the big boy ...

Today Landon was in his swing crying. As I finished loading the washer, I headed over to the swing, only to notice Tanner right next to it. He was lifting his shirt and pointing to his chest. "Eat! Eat!" Oh my ... "Oh no, honey," I said, "only Mommy feeds the baby."

Can't wait to tell him that story when he's a teenager! :)

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

So funny, b/c yesterday I tried to make Grady nap with me so that I could just snuggle with him and smell his hair. It of course, did not work. I just want to cuddle and snuggle and he just wants to go, go, go!

Teacher-Mom said...

Thanks for the laugh! I couldn't help but laugh when I thought of Tanner lifting up his shirt. He'll figure it out.