I can't believe it's already Saturday. This seemed like such a short week -- probably because Jon only worked Wed-Fri and is already home with us all day again! We're not used to seeing so much of Daddy, but we love it! I have to admit, though, that I've had ENOUGH with football season and can't wait until it's over. My goodness, it is ALWAYS on!!
Tanner had his 6-month appointment on Thursday. What a rough day that was for him! He weighs almost 20 lbs and is 27.5 inches long -- placing him somewhere around the 85-90th percentile for weight and 75th for height. My little chubby wubby. Most of the appointment went well, but he had to get several vaccines and a flu shot. He was not very happy by the time we left. The next morning, he woke up with a fever -- his first ever, and just wanted to snuggle up with me all morning. I didn't mind. :) He was so cuddly in his new Georgia pjs from Aunt Lauren and Uncle Daniel. It just broke my heart to see him so miserable, though. He's also been REALLY congested lately, which wouldn't be that big of a deal, but when you block your only good airway with a pacifier, then you have problems! Needless to say, he hasn't been sleeping very good at night, which usually means he ends up in our bed by morning! Having him in our bed doesn't seem to bother Jon, but I do NOT sleep well, so I'm anxious for the little guy to be feeling better again!
The weather here has been SO COLD, but is finally starting to warm up just a little. I haven't seen the sun in I don't know how long, which is starting to wear on me a bit, but I guess I better toughen up -- spring is still a long time away! I'm definitely feeling a touch of cabin fever. My intentions were to begin taking Tanner to the child care center at the gym this week so I could start working out, but somehow I managed to talk myself out of it each day.
Wed: Let's just wait one more day for Tanner to have all of his vaccines.
Thurs: Kids are still out of school, the daycare will be crowded.
Fri: Tanner didn't feel good this morning. Better wait until next week.
I don't know why I'm having such a problem leaving him! I leave him in the nursery at church several times a week. Monday is THE day, no excuses. I wonder if I'm just subconsciously coming up with excuses not to work out. Do you ever notice that the longer you've gone without working out, the harder it is to get back into it? UGH!
No big plans for us this weekend. We had our inspection at the new house today. Everything looked good, and Tanner and I stopped by at the end to look around again. I'm so excited to move in! We'll have so much more living space than we do right now in our townhome. Jon is supposedly going to spend the weekend working on essays for his MBA applications, but right now I'm seeing football on the television screen again -- Hmmmm! I'm wishing we had something exciting or fun to do tonight, but it seems like we do the same thing every night, regardless of whether it's a weeknight or weekend or whatever -- feed Tanner his cereal, give Tanner a bath, nurse Tanner, put Tanner to bed, make dinner, clean up dinner, watch tv, go to bed. I'm feeling a little depressed about this right now... Any suggestions for how to make another evening-in a little more exciting?
Well, the house is suddenly very quiet, and I have a feeling my boys haven fallen asleep together for a winter's nap upstairs. Maybe I'll just make my way to the gym and get a few endorphins pumping -- get rid of these winter blues.
4 comments:
Rachel,
I'll be checking back to see if anyone has suggestions for how to spice up the evenings! You described our nights to the "t". So sorry Tanner is feeling under the weather. I remember Ayden's first cold. Best of luck with John and his applications. You are all very lucky to be around Chicago with so many options of schools right now:) I can't wait to see the sun again either...and I am tired of football as well!
Well as cheesy as it might sound, one of my favorite ways to pass the "winter time" is to play cards. C and I played lots of Gin Rummy when we lived in Germany and had lots of fun doing it. Just an idea!
Eric and I will sometimes play games. Lost Cities is a game for just two people and it's really fun. I'm having the same issue with football right now, although, I'm sure it's not nearly on as much here because of the time change. Only a few weeks left!
Lana
Can't offer you much advice! Same boat here. Except, now that Brady has new video games from Christmas, the XBox has been the new thing to do at night. I read or do something else when he plays! Although, I am jealous that Tanner is in bed when you eat dinner! Kennedy doesn't go to bed until 9 or even sometimes close to 10. She doesn't require a ton of sleep, so if I put her to bed much earlier, she is up at 4 or 5 ready to go the next morning. And I am not!
Post a Comment