type='text/javascript'/> Keeping The Faith: Hash Brown Quiche

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hash Brown Quiche

Okay, I hate to brag, but I'm going to. I just made the YUMMIEST dinner ever. Well, breakfast-for-dinner to be more exact. I made a huge ham on Friday night and had LOTS of leftovers, so I diced them up and made two yummy recipes out of them. Last night I made B-Mama's yummy Pretty Penne Ham Skillet, and tonight I made Hash Brown Quiche, courtesy of Paula Dean. Here is the recipe if you want to try it. Just to warn you, it's totally NOT healthy, but it's oh-so-yummy. It literally melts in your mouth.

Hash Brown Quiche
3 cups shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup half and half
3/4 cup diced ham
1/2 cup diced green onions
1 cup shredded cheddar
salt and freshly ground pepper
sour cream

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Gently pat dry drained hash browns. Toss them with butter and press into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp. Combine remaining ingredients, pour over crust, and return to oven. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

5 comments:

builders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B-Mama said...

RACHEL! Happy belated birthday--I thought about you all day and prayed praises for your life! :) Glad you had such an awesome weekend and are married to such a hot husband! Hysterical! You'll have to let me know your thoughts on the ham skillet--I'm dying to know if you all loved it as we do! We will definitely try the quiche soon--can't wait! HUGS!

Nicole said...

I like Paula's recipes too and you're right--they're not healthy but very tasty! I wish I could find healthy recipes that had that kind of taste!

Lisa said...

Hope that you had a wonderful birthday.
Love you!

Nicole said...

I tried this recipe this weekend and it was so yummy. Thanks for posting!