type='text/javascript'/> Keeping The Faith: Time Flies

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Time Flies

Has it really been more than two weeks since my soldier came home? The time has just flown! I feel very lucky that he is not going back anytime soon. He will be home with me until he leaves for SF Selection on October 12. I'm so relieved that this is not just R&R and I don't have to say goodbye again so soon.

We spent our first weekend together in Denver. We got a hotel room for the weekend and just enjoyed being away together. We just walked around, ate great food, watched football, and enjoyed the hot tub. It was so nice. Last weekend, we went home to Michigan. That was nice, too, but not nearly as relaxing! It was actually very stressful. Both of our families live in the same town, so trying to keep everyone happy (including ourselves) turned out to be quite tricky! The highlight of the weekend was probably watching my little brother play football on Friday night. Too fun -- his girlfriend was there watching with his number painted on her cheek. It totally brought back memories of when I used to watch Jon play when we were in high school! We are both completely shocked that the past 10 years together has gone by so fast! It doesn't seem like we're old enough to say we've been together that long!

We could just still be in a bit of a honeymoon period, but I have to say, I am more in love with my husband than ever. I LOVE having him home! He has been sweeter than ever, so cuddly, and always happy to see me when I come home from work. We spent all day today watching college football -- Jon's all-time favorite thing to do. We really had a blast cheering, laughing, and comparing our picks for this week's top 25 teams. (That is, until we watched Army lose to Texas A&M in the last 20 seconds of the game -- what a heartbreaker!)

School has been pretty stressful. I can't quite put my finger on why that is. My student teacher is doing a great job and my kids are wonderful. Maybe I'm just a little overwhelmed. We're in the middle of volleyball season, and coaching after school is always the last thing I feel like doing. Plus, it seems like one thing after another just keeps coming up that we are responsible for as teachers. It's like I could stay at work until 10:00 every night and still not get everything done. And no matter what, I think as a teacher you always feel like you could be doing more. That whatever you are doing to help kids just isn't enough. When I look back, though, every September I feel overwhelmed like this. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'd rather be home with my husband!

I think that Jon is still adjusting to being home. He has said a million times that he is so glad to be back. But I can tell that he misses his soldiers and feels guilty for coming home a little early to attend selection. He starts training this week, though, so hopefully being busy and having a goal to work towards will make him feel better. I just can't say enough how good it feels to have him home. I am so in love with him!

One of these days, I need to change my blog template and the summary at the top. If only I had the time right now...

1 comment:

MQ said...

So he doesn't have to go back to Iraq?!! That would be awesome. But I guess the SF course is no picnic either :)

I'm thrilled to hear you two are having a wonderful time!