type='text/javascript'/> Keeping The Faith: Bittersweet

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bittersweet

Well -- today was the big day. The Garage Sale. Or more appropriately -- the Garage Giveaway. We actually did really well -- making almost $200 by 10:00. By 11:30, we decided to sell everything for $0.25 since Jon was getting tired of sitting there and business was slowing. Right now, Jon's taking all of our leftovers to Goodwill. The garage is clean, and the sale is over. Thank goodness. Now it's time to start getting ready for next week's Open House. We've had a few people come and look, but no bites yet. That's okay. We're not in a hurry I guess.

Nothing much has happened this week. We went to see a movie on Tuesday night. (I felt like such a rebel since it was a school night!) We saw "All the King's Men." It was SOOO bad! What a disappointment! The previews looked so good! Jon is still training pretty hard for selection. He works out four times a day -- it's insane! Hopefully, he'll feel prepared once he gets down there. I know it's been hard for him getting back in the swing of things after such a long 9 months away.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what it will mean if we really do have to move this Christmas. I will REALLY miss my friends here, our house, the mountains, etc. But the thing that worries me most is how I'll say goodbye to my kids in the middle of the year. I think about it everyday on the way to school and it makes me so sad! I've been so lucky to have such sweet kids 2 years in a row! I know they'll move on anyways at the end of the year, but it just feels so different being the one that leaves them. I guess I'll cross that bridge once it comes. Jon keeps bringing up how hard he thinks it will be for me to leave. Since I already know it will be hard, this only makes things worse. At the same time, though, I do look forward to the adventures life will hold the next place we go. Gosh! What a worrywart -- I always have to be worrying about something, don't I?

No comments: