type='text/javascript'/> Keeping The Faith

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Six more weeks.

SIX MORE WEEKS??

The counter at the top of my page tells me only 40 days left until our sweet little Kellen is set to arrive. We are so stinkin' excited here in the Hall house. And a teensy bit scared, but mostly just excited. These are the sweetest days of pregnancy for me. There's something about knowing your life is about to change forever that makes you cherish the precious few moments you have until then:

  • Sweet time with just two boys (although I'm thinking three can only be better!)
  • A laundry pile I can almost keep up with
  • A full night's sleep with only minor interruptions
  • Loving the miracle of how my body can accommodate growing a little human -- I love my big pregnant belly! (not looking forward to the big non-pregnant belly that will be left behind)
  • A schedule that is somewhat normal
  • Enjoying the anticipation of how much more WONDERFUL and FULL our lives will be with the addition of another little boy to LOVE!!
So ... as excited as we are to meet this sweet baby, we are also trying to enjoy every day of these last six weeks as a family of four.

It seems like the boys have been sick a LOT since Christmas. We've finally had almost an entire week of relatively good health. (READ: gross snotty noses and coughs, but still able to leave the house) Tanner was able to make his bowling field trip for preschool last week. I didn't chaperone because I knew I would have Landon with me, but we did stay to watch for the first half hour, and it was SO adorable! I just love watching Tanner interact with his teacher and classmates. They used bumpers, of course, but it still took each child's ball around 90 seconds to make it all the way to the pin. Tanner was delighted to be paired with his best friend in class -- Scarlet. :)

Landon has been quite the character lately -- showing a lot of attitude, which has not been his personality up until now. I'm wondering if it's a phase or if he's just starting to grow up a little bit. It's not that he's being mean or nasty really, he's usually just trying to be funny and get a reaction out of somebody (me). His speech therapy teacher warned me last year that he's a good-time Charlie and will do anything to create a little bit of fun, and she was totally right. He's also wanting me to carry him constantly these days. He's not that heavy, which is good, but by the end of the day my back is killing me. I know I need to just say no, but at he's still my baby at least for the next few weeks, and I do love that he still wants me to hold him.

We've started getting Kellen's room ready to go, which has been fun for the boys and I. They helped me put together the crib last week:





They were also around as my mom and I took out the bins of newborn clothes and started to get everything laundered. Tanner literally picked up each outfit and said "AWWWWWWWWwwwwww! Mom, look at THIS one! So cute!" It was hilarious and heartwarming all at the same time. After going through everything, it's nice to see that we really don't need ANYTHING for this baby, except for a new monitor, since our current one has seen better days. I'll just have to go get diapers, wipes, and a few other toiletries before we're completely ready to go. One of the perks of having three boys, I guess. Our world would be turning upside down right now if we were having a girl, I'm sure! Instead of redecorating the nursery, we're going to redecorate our master bedroom :) We finally broke down and bought a king size bed, since our queen was having trouble holding four bodies by the time both little guys made their way to our rooms. It should be coming any day and I can't wait!!

Jon has been busy busy busy with school and work. Luckily, the master's program he's currently in isn't nearly as demanding as his MBA, so he's able to really enjoy the weekends with us. We all look forward to that special time we get to spend with him. He's currently addicted to The Bachelor. I can hardly stomach watching this season, but I'm toughing it out :) We make Monday our special "date" night at home, where we order in dinner after the kids go to bed and watch the show together. It's great to have that to look forward to each week.

Well, I better get a few things done while both boys are occupied. I'm never sure when that opportunity for free time will come again! LOL!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

Oh my goodness, it is going by so fast!

I love reading your updates!!
I'm so jealous about the King size bed!

Enjoy your time as a family of four! I'm sure being a family of five will only be better...but with a lot less sleep! :)