type='text/javascript'/> Keeping The Faith: Summer Lovin'

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Today was a good day.

Sunshine, Friends, Yummy Blueberry Cake, a Walk/Bike Ride ... all ingredients for a happy mom and cheerful kiddos. Enjoy the pics!

While Landon was sleeping, Tanner and I baked this Blueberry Coffee Cake.
And ate some, too. :)

Then, the three of us went for a walk to the park. Tanner rode his bike.
He was totally excited about his new helmet.


He played on the slides for a little while and chased around all of the older boys, pretending he was one of them.






Our house is about 1/4 mile from the park. Just after crossing the street from the park to the sidewalk, Tanner decided that he didn't want to ride anymore. So, here I was, carrying the tricycle and pushing a stroller while my little boy crawled behind me.

... and then stopped for a break ... to look at bugs ...
... and then crawled a little further ...
... and then did a little bear walk.

We continued this for most of the rest of the way home -- until we heard a dog barking behind one of the neighbors' fences and I told him it was going to get us. I've never seen him pedal so fast. I'll have to keep that in my bag of tricks! (What a mean mom.) What a cute biker. :)

And as for this guy, he's rolling around everywhere.
He's finally figured out tummy to back.
I cannot help myself -- my days are spent covering him in kisses.
He is just too yummy for his own good!





2 comments:

Billie said...

These are seriously great pics!!! You're a great photgrapher! That one of him tilted a bit is definitely one you have to grame!! The colors are perfect. Are you using anything to edit them or is this right out of the camera?

Teacher-Mom said...

So cute- I can understand how you would just want to eat him up! The whole carrying the bike while pushing the stroller is a favorite for us as well. Joey riding his bike is a great idea for the way to the park. The way back doesn't usually go quite as well. When will we learn?! The blueberry coffee cake sounds awesome! Is it an easy recipe? Can you e-mail it to me or post it?