We are finally back to normal around here -- even better than normal, actually. Tanner is feeling much better, which means more smiles, more fun, and much less whining/crying/tantruming. We spent all day yesterday outside in the backyard and for some reason, several of the neighborhood kids ended up there also, which was a blast. Who knew that toddler toys could be so much fun for 5-8 year olds?! Tanner loved having some playmates and kept saying "Kidz" all day long. Our yard was a disaster by the end of the day, but quite a testament to all the fun that was had!
Today was great, too. The boys and I spent the morning outside again while Jon went wakeboarding with a friend. Then, it was time to head to church to get our portraits taken for the church directory. Wouldn't you know Tanner had a huge scrape on his cheek and a big bruise on his forehead. Awesome timing -- but I'm sure we'll look back in 20 years and laugh when we see all his boo-boos. I know this is ridiculous, but I was so PROUD that we actually made it ON TIME to our appointment ... we are always late everywhere, so being on time for once was awesome!
Afterwards, we went for lunch, and then I brought the boys home for a nap while Jon went out to run a few errands. When he got home, he offered to take Tanner to the pool for a little swim. I was just tickled to have a little time to myself with Landon. We actually went for a walk, which was an everyday thing when Tanner was a baby. Unfortunately for Landon, Tanner doesn't like to just sit in the stroller while I walk, so we either have to be running or just going on a short trip. It was wonderful just to be out in the nice weather, getting a little exercise, and clearing my head. Tomorrow I've requested a little bit of "me" time away from the house and all of the boys. I'm not quite sure what I'll do, I just know that a little time away will be good for my soul. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Even if it is just a few hours.
1 comment:
Wait a minute - is that really Landon? He's gotten SO BIG already!
Post a Comment