Remember the girl I told you about whose email I was given by another woman from MOMS Club? Yeah -- you know -- the one who I emailed out of nowhere like a crazy woman desperate for friends to see if she wanted to get together sometime? Well, we got together yesterday for lunch and it turned out to be really fun. We had great conversation and lots to talk about with our pregnancies. Hopefully we will get together again soon! You have to know, I had to take a MAJOR step out of my comfort zone to just email a stranger and then actually go to meet her. But maybe that's what has to happen for God to start answering my prayer for friendship. Now if he could just bring me a few more friends ... I promise I'll be patient!
Not much is happening today. I went for a long walk this morning, but it was SO HOT outside, I think I'll just stay inside for the rest of the day. I'm trying to keep myself busy cleaning the house. (I even washed the windows!) My mother-in-law told me that's what she was doing when she went into labor with one of her boys, so I thought maybe it would work with me! Nothing yet, though. If this little guy only knew how many people were waiting to meet him!
1 comment:
Rachel,
I am a total nerd, too, when it comes to friends. I don't have any "mom" friends, so I decided to re-arrange Brady's nap schedule so I could selfishly try to meet some. I went to the Heights Parents Center on Monday (didn't like the moms) and today for a mommy & me play group. I called Mike on our way home and gleefully shouted "I made a mommy friend!" I know how it feels to meet someone who you might get along with :)
Post a Comment