I will never complain again about doing my grocery shopping at the Commissary.
I just got home from Walmart ... UGGGHHH!!
Other than the occasional dash into the corner grocery for something I desperately need, I never buy our groceries anywhere except for the commissary. Everywhere else is just too dang expensive. I have been known to complain sometimes about the poor quality of the commissary's produce, the long lines, and the NARROW aisles. However, today I had to stop at Walmart after school to look for a fake nose ring, which is totally wierd in itself -- I have to dress up like a rock star tomorrow for school (who knows -- maybe I'll even post a few pictures). So anyway -- I thought that instead of making another trip to the store, I would just buy my groceries there. What a zoo!
Although you get at least an extra two feet of aisle space, it's totally not worth it. The prices (although probably low for the civilian world) are still more expensive than the commissary. Shoppers don't have any aisle ettiquette -- no one seems to understand the flow of traffic. The lines are SOOOOO LONG, there is nowhere to park, ... basically I just really didn't like it. :)
So from now on, no more complaints about our dear little commissary.
2 comments:
I love the commissary. I guess I just love the fact that I know where everything is and that I know I'm getting the best prices at least 90% of the time. As for Wal-mart...nope, can't do it. It's either the commissary, the PX, or Target for me ;)
I never enjoy a trip to WalMart. If Brady is going with me, I have to "prep" him before we go, otherwise he is likely to attack somone. You seem to run out of patience in that place. We only go if it is necessary. I prefer to grocery shop at Kroger or Publix and go to Target if I need anything they don't carry. We watched Jarhead tonight, and although it is about the Marines, it made me think about Jon. When do you hear about his future in the Army? I pray for him and you often. Hope you are having a great Saturday! Miss and love you,
Michelle
Post a Comment